As an Australian resident, you are taxed on your worldwide income. This means you must declare all income you receive from foreign sources in your income tax return.

Foreign income you receive as an Australian resident may be taxed in both Australia and the country from which you received it. Since the processes of paying tax on your touring income will differ from country to country, Sounds Australia strongly recommends speaking to your accountant and reading official government websites to find out exactly what you need to do.

If you have paid foreign tax in another country on foreign income you received, you may be entitled to an Australian foreign income tax offset.

Australia has tax treaties with more than 40 countries. Tax treaties are also referred to as tax conventions or double tax agreements (DTA). They prevent double taxation and fiscal evasion, and foster cooperation between Australia and other international tax authorities by enforcing their respective tax laws.

Australia has also entered into a number of tax information exchange agreements to promote international cooperation in tax matters through the exchange of information.

For more information, please visit the Australian Taxation Office website.