GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA
The grant awarded to each Grant Recipient will be the sum of the applicants nominated key areas, up to a maximum of AUD$15,000 for each application.
- Applications open Monday 9th August 2021.
- Applications close Friday 3rd September 2021, 5:00pm AEST
- Applicants notified on Monday 27th September 2021
ROUND 2 – 2022
- Applications open Monday 10th January 2022
- Applications close Friday 4th February 2022, 5:00pm AEDT
- Applicants notified on Monday 28th February 2022
- Applications open Monday 13th June 2022
- Applications close Friday 8th July 2022, 5:00pm AEST
- Applicants notified on Monday 8th August 2022
You can apply for ROUND 3 SAES funding if:
- You are an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident; and
- You are a practicing music professional; and
- Your application is for confirmed international activity that has not yet occurred, and which relates to your practice as a music professional (Export Activity).
International activity includes travelling outside Australia or your home base to undertake confirmed export outside Australia, for example: Australia to USA or UK, USA to UK, or USA to UK or Europe
You are ineligible to receive SAES funding if your activity contravenes advice from the Federal Government in relation to public health orders.
Applications are open to individuals and groups. Musical acts composed of multiple members will be assessed and (where successful) awarded as a single entity.
Individuals and groups could be made up of the following: a solo artist, a band, DJ, producer, song writer, technical crew, management company, label or publisher that are working to export Australian talent.
WHAT THE GRANT FUNDING CAN BE USED FOR
- Visas (petition application and associated legal fees).
- International freight and carnets.
- Pre-Tour Rehearsals (venue, wages, backline).
- Artist Manager travelling with an act /Music Industry Representative Travel Costs
- COVID compliance consumables
- Insurance and other COVID increased premiums
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The judges view of the relative strength of the Applicant’s existing international profile.
- The judges view as to the significance of the artistic and commercial impact of the Export Activity.
- The importance in the global trajectory of the Applicant to be physically in market to undertake the Export Activity.
- The judges view as to the effectiveness of the Applicant’s online presence and engagement.
- The demonstration of a realistic and achievable planning and export strategy.
- The confirmed involvement of existing, reputable international partners in the Export Activity.
ASSESSMENT OF GRANT APPLICATIONS
Stage 1: All eligible applications will be initially assessed by Sounds Australia against the assessment criteria, to determine the applicants that progress to stage 2 for consideration by the independent judging panel.
Stage 2: Each application before the judging panel is assessed on its merits against the assessment criteria, to determine the applicants to be offered a grant.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a Round 3 grant you must:
- Lodge the online application on Award Force by 5:00pm, Friday 8th July 2022
- Provide all the information requested
- Address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- Include all necessary attachments
By applying, you will be agreeing to the Program Terms and Conditions which you can read here.
SUCCESSFUL GRANT APPLICATIONS
Where possible, SAES Grant Recipients must acknowledge support from the Australian Government and the Australia Council for the Arts for receipt of the grant.
Funding will be paid within 7 days to Grant Recipients following receipt by Sounds Australia of a signed letter of offer.
SAES recipients must submit acquittal reports in-line with the grant agreement. Sounds Australia will provide templates for these reports that will include:
- Progress against agreed milestones and outcomes
- Expenditure of the grant
To receive a grant, Grant Recipients will need to agree to the Grant Requirements, which are listed at clause 12 of the Program Terms and Conditions here.
Requests for feedback can be made directly to Esti Zilber email@example.com within 30 days of being notified.