About the role
Sounds Australia is looking to hire someone (permanent, full time) to join our compact team, preferably in the Ultimo office, however candidates from outside of Sydney will be considered.
We are a small team who work very collaboratively, driven by the goal of fast-tracking Australian music success internationally.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years’ experience in the music industry who has the ability to travel to domestic and international showcase events where necessary.
Candidates should be detail driven and systems oriented, with competency in photo and video editing (Photoshop, Premier Pro, Illustrator) with proficiency in social media applications to build brand presence and engagement.
Genre specific candidates welcome, especially those with a background or expertise in the Asian or LATAM region, dance/electronic music.
- To raise the profile and visibility of Australian artists and industry in key international markets.
- To encourage, develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with key industry and government partners and stakeholders.
- Provide the best possible showcase environment for Australian artists to secure international outcomes.
- To provide industry value-add networking and business matching opportunities at international events.
- To share and present international music market intelligence through a series of local export training practices.
- Represent Sounds Australia at international market events where required.
- Encourage, develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with key international personnel and businesses for the purposes of promoting Australian music offshore.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing showcase and networking events at international conferences and festivals.
- Provide resources, information, insights and advice to support the Australian Music Industry in their export activities.
- Contribute to the monitoring, developing and reporting on all initiatives relating to the role during the annual acquittal periods.
- Contribute to the development of promotional strategies and content around Sounds Australia’s international market presence at conferences and festivals.
- Contributing to the Sounds Australia website and social media channels.
- General reporting to the Executive Producer on all aspects of the role.
Skills & experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the music industry.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain strong connections and collaborations within the music industry across various genres and markets, facilitating partnerships, promotions, and strategic alliances
- Demonstrated experience in working across different music markets, including local, and international, understanding the unique dynamics and preferences of specific territories.
- Current knowledge of the international and domestic music industry, with a particular focus on export markets.
- Experience and knowledge in specific music genres demonstrating an understanding of nuances, history, and trends.**Preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate ideas, actively listen, and convey information clearly and concisely to team members and partners.
- Demonstrated capability to prioritise tasks effectively, manage deadlines, and allocate time efficiently to accomplish various responsibilities.
- Ability to create and implement organised systems, workflows, or processes that streamline tasks and enhance productivity.
- Initiative and problem solving skills within a team setting, offering innovative solutions and working towards consensus-driven outcomes.
- Works collaboratively demonstrating a strong commitment to teamwork with the ability to build effective partnerships with colleagues, stakeholders, and external entities to foster on-going mutual respect and trust
- Capacity to think critically and problem-solve effectively while under pressure, making timely decisions to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks without compromising quality, maintaining attention to detail across various simultaneous responsibilities.
- Uses resources (intellectual, material, time, technological) in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Competency in photo and video editing (Photoshop, Premier Pro and Illustrator)
- Proficiency in social media applications to build brand presence and engagement
To apply for this role please submit a short cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role and a current resume via Bamboo.
While this role is one that requires specific skills and experience, we are encouraging people from all diverse groups who are interested in this position to put an application in, even if they’re not sure if they meet every single bit of the selection criteria.
For more information on this role, please feel free to contact Esti Zilber, Executive Producer Sounds Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications close: 8 January 2024