Please use this section as a guide only.

The advice we give all artists is to speak directly with a professional visa agent and connect with artists that have successfully toured to the countries you are looking to perform in.

Give yourself plenty of time for the application process as it can take months to process.



These are types of visas you can apply for if you wish to tour the United Kingdom:

Temporary Worker – Creative Worker Visa

You must apply for a Temporary Work – Creative Worker visa if:

A creative worker is someone who works in the creative industries, for example an actor, dancer, musician or film crew member.

For more information: click here

Global Talent Visa

You can apply for a Global Talent visa to work in the UK if you’re a leader or potential leader in one of the following fields:

  • academia or research
  • arts and culture
  • digital technology

You must also be at least 18 years old.

You can usually only apply for a Global Talent visa if you have successfully applied for an endorsement to prove that you are a leader or potential leader.

You can apply for the visa without an endorsement if you’ve won an eligible award. Find out which awards are eligible.

A Global Talent visa lets you:

You need to apply for an endorsement to prove you’re a leader or potential leader in your field. The Home Office will send your application to be reviewed by a UK organisation (‘endorsing body’) with expertise in your field. For more information: click here

If you’re visiting for certain business or academic activities

You can come to the UK as a Standard Visitor for up to 6 months without a visa, but you can only do certain business or academic activities, for example go to a conference or a meeting.

You cannot:

  • do paid or unpaid work for a UK company or as a self-employed person
  • do a work placement or internship
  • sell directly to the public or provide goods and services

For more information: click here


Here are some visas agents that we are happy to recommend, based on feedback from Australian artists that have used their services in the past.


Viva La Visa is offering a 20% discount to any Australian artists or industry professionals who get in touch and books their services. You can contact them on or call on +44 (0) 1473 892 660.

T: +44 (0) 1473 892 660

T&S Immigration Services

Tina and Steve Richard
P – +44 155 733 9123

E –
E –
W –

Tam Ray Touring 

Katie Ray
21 Golden Square
Tenterden, Kent TN30 6RN
+44 793 926 5976





Schengen refers to the EU passport-free zone that covers most of the European countries. It’s the largest free travel area in the world.


A Schengen visa is a short-stay visa that allows a person to travel to any members of the Schengen Area, per stays up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes.

The Schengen visa is the most common visa for Europe. It enables its holder to enter, freely travel within, and leave the Schengen zone from any of the Schengen member countries. There are no border controls within the Schengen Zone.

However, if you are planning to study, work, or live in one of the Schengen countries for more than 90 days, then you must apply for a national visa of that European country and not a Schengen Visa.


While currently, Australians can visit the Schengen Area countries without a Visa, however from 2025, Australians will be required to get the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS). This is similar to the eTA in Canada or ESTA in the USA.


The 26 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Currently, the Schengen Area consists of 26 member countries. All of these countries are located in Europe, from which:

  • 22 members fully implement the Schengen acquis,
  • Four of them – members of the EFTA, implement Schengen acquis through specific agreements related to the Schengen agreement.
  • Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Lichtenstein are associate members of the Schengen Area but are not members of the EU. They are part of the EFTA and implement the Schengen acquis through specific agreements related to the Schengen agreement.
  • Monaco, San Marino, and Vatican City have opened their borders with, but are not members of the visa-free zone.
  • The Azores, Madeira, and the Canary Islands are special members of the EU and part of the Schengen Zone even that they are located outside the European continent.
  • There are five more EU members, that have not joined the Schengen zone: Ireland – which still maintains opt-outs and Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, and Cyprus – that are seeking to join soon.

For more information: click here.